SNUGGLE SEASON IS HERE! ADD COMFORTERS TO YOUR BEDROOM
A sound sleep is a key to health and happiness, yet so many people struggle with it. We all like to sleep cozy and warm, and we often rely on blankets to help us get there.
The right comforter can help you achieve good sleep, but only if you know what to look for.
Choosing the right comforter is incredibly important, though.
In this blog post, we will be talking about all the points that are vital to keep in mind while buying a good-quality comforter.
1. CONSIDER THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DOWN AND ALTERNATIVE DOWN
Down's prevalence in comforters is no accident. Down is a soft, fluffy undercoating of geese and ducks that provides warmth without adding weight.
Alternative down (also called "polyester" or "poly-down") is made from synthetic fibers and has been used as an alternative to down since the 1950s. It is less expensive than goose down and retains its shape better when wet, but it also offers less durability, breathability, and softness than real goose down.
2. NOTE THE FILL POWER
So, how do you know what to look for?
Fill power is the amount of space that your comforter fills with down. The higher the number, the more luxurious and fluffy it will be.
A good rule of thumb is that anything over 600 ci should provide you with enough warmth at night—especially if you use an outer blanket as well.
3. CHECK OUT THE CONSTRUCTION
The construction of your comforter is the most important factor to consider in determining its quality.
First, check the stitching: it should be tight and even.
Following, look at the fill; if it's too thin or sparse, you might have trouble keeping warm during winter nights. You should also ensure that there's enough fabric on each side so that you don't feel like you're sleeping directly on the bedding itself.
4. READ THE CARE LABEL FOR CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS.
If you’re buying a comforter, it’s important to know how to properly clean and care for your new purchase.
The care label is your guide. This label will tell you the recommended way to wash and dry your comforter, whether it is machine or hand-wash only, as well as what not to do when cleaning (like putting bleach in the washer).
If you follow these instructions, your comforter will last longer and look better than if you did something wrong.
Don't skip this step!
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR COMFORTER?
Buying a comforter is an investment. Whether it is an affordable comforter or a luxe one, irrespective of the price point we have to look at a few points which will help us to make our comforter more enduring and long-lasting.
● Wash your comforter regularly. If you've invested in a good-quality comforter, you'll want to keep it clean and fresh for as long as possible. Wash it at least once every two months (or more often if you live in a very humid climate). Washing your comforter on a gentle cycle with cold water will help minimize any shrinkage or damage from high heat drying cycles.
● Dry clean only for silk and wool. While most other types of bedding can be machine-washed, silk and wool should always be dry cleaned instead. The harsh detergents found in laundry detergent will break down delicate fibers like silk & wool over time, causing premature wear & tear on your fine linens!
● Hand washes for down comforters. Down is an incredibly soft material that requires special care - especially when it comes to cleaning! Whenever possible stick with hand washing these items rather than putting them through the washer & dryer which could cause feathers from escaping from your comforter over time (and no one wants that!).
We hope that this guide has given you some insight on what to look for when searching for a comforter.
Remember, the most important thing is to make sure it fits with your sleeping habits and personal preferences.
A good place to start is by reading reviews from other customers who have purchased the item before so that you can get an idea about quality before buying something yourself!
If you are also in need of one relaxing comforter then you are at the right place. Explore the wide range of comforters only on SleepX. Shop now!